Wednesday 6 February 2013

Week 2

During this lesson I listened to the other girls ideas and when it came round to me again I was unsure of what else to present to Chris. So with this I reminded him of my project and we managed to talk about how the photography was going to work and what the images should be representing, as well as what was going to make the images interesting and stand out.

Talking about whether the images should be studio base or whether they should  be in the style of Diane Arbus, where they are in location which gives it more meaning. If I was to take the image in a location, the question is, is it going to be interesting enough for the audience of my book to want to look at it. However, if i did all my shoots in the studio it could be too creative. It is a very hard decision to make so, thinking about it I am going to do test shoots for both studio and location shoots for my first memory. 

Along with this idea, I showed Chris the letter I received for one of my memories and suggested that I could scan the hand written letters in and put them within the book to make it more personal and give the images meaning.

From this lesson I am going to conduct a few test shoots to see what works best and get some templates together for both studio and location. I am also going to continue gathering enough memories together, I am hoping to get at least 15 to start with. I am slightly worried because I prefer to see the book visually coming together, but without it in front of me at the moment and without the shoots starting I am slightly stressed. Hopefully once it starts coming together and the ideas are not so broad and defined better I will be able to seeing the book taking shape and feel less anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment