Tuesday 19 February 2013

Week 4

Showing the images I had done in the week it was clear to see that they were not doing justice to the memory and the person I had been given the description on, with this it took a lot of thought to come up with a concept that would one show respect to the decease as well as presenting something at a standard to give a clear image of the memory I was trying to recreate.

Along with taking my images that I had done the previous week, I took all of my memories I had collected and a number of old photographs of some of the people that have been written about. this is because I have been thinking about the lay out and what I would like to put in my book. So with one of my strengths and loves being drawing the idea come across I could put either my templates or other sketches in the book, the second idea that extended from this was putting these drawings onto tracing paper so they look like ghostly, from this idea though I am going to have to research different types of tracing paper and different publishers that are able to do this for me. I was also thinking of putting the letters in or at least snippets of them so show handwriting and so it is personal to each character. However, as I previously said in last post that I wanted to put a location shot and a studio image that idea has changed as the I said the image needs to have a clear representation of the person/character I am recreating. For example one of my memories states different objects that the person had or something that remind them like in a pub, with juke box, salted nuts and a pint but this person was a mechanic so it could be a location shoot with with all these random objects with in it.

From this I found references such a Jurgen Teller and Guy Bourdin, but to be able to show my make up and have a style in my book I am going to need to either do portrait or include people in it. If I did the portraits ideally I think they should be nude or just be head to shoulder shoots and have a black and white effect so they have no representation themselves and can just be an understanding and tie together a style in my book.

This week I have a clear indication of where my project is going and feel happier about how the concept is working and understanding in my head of how it is going to look. I am going to research different looks and layouts for my book and text to use on the front of my book and the small amount of writing that is going to go into my book like the contents page and pages numbers. As well as the scan in images and letters that i have been given so I am able to highlight key words that I could use in my imagery. After this I am going to have to start looking at locations and gathering objects which is going be quite hard to organised and a lot to get together but i am sure it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment