Monday 18 February 2013

Week 3

Due to my model not turning up last week and with my test shoot planned I had to move it to a week later.
This test shoot was put together so I could get an idea on whether I should take my images in a studio and have creative make up style or to do a location shoot which is more literal. As you can see below I had drawn templates of ideas to do for this shoot, I wanted it to be creative but to show respect to the memory.

I found my model through casting on the portal, I asked/looked for a strong jaw line and structured face as this was strongly talked about in the description of the person from the memory that I received.

Even though this was only a test shoot I was slightly apprehensive because it was the first one. The shoot went well and I liked the images that had produced, as I thought it was creative. Below are the photographs of the steps I took to complete the look.












From doing this shoot it has made me more inspired to continue doing more images for my book. As well as this, I have been thinking about the layout of my book, I feel to make it more interesting I should do both studio and location shoots. The location/true replica of the memory won't stand out and catch the viewers eye as much as a creative shoot in the studio. Plus in the creative image I am able to show some of my skills with make up. 

Below are a few of the edited images from the shoot.








As you can see from the images I have used photoshop to create effects, turning the image black and white and leaving the guns and roses logo in colour to make it stand out. Next week I hope to be able to do two more shoots so I can tighten my ideas up so the concept is brought together.

No comments:

Post a Comment