Tuesday 26 March 2013

Week 5

After a long week of researching and gathering ideas together I feel that I have started to pull the concept and my ideas into something that is strong. Talking to Chris last week I was slightly off track and felt confused in which way my project was heading, so for this weeks lesson I have put together a folder where each wallet has an individuals memory, some photographs of them and some drawings that I have started to create to put within the book. The idea of these drawing came after talking and sharing my ideas with my housemate, I started drawing ideas down for the shoots that I wanted to create. From this, and always having a love for drawing it started the idea of having something more personal from myself that I could include within the book.

Putting this folder together has really helped me see what have for each person and made it clearer, along with drawings and scanned in images I have picked out keywords and objects from the memory I was given so that if I go ahead with this idea of doing a still life and portraits I can easily see the objects and location I need to use for the individual person.

However, the problem that I think I am going to face is finding different object that are rather odd or unusual to put with in the still life images, such as Juke boxes, old televisions and pianos. None of these are easily available and certainly not always going to be in the right location in which I am hoping to shoot the images in. So for next week I am going to start phoning different place to see if I can shoot in locations or if people can help me out with the obscure object I am going to need.

Other things I have to consider after to talking to Chirs is how am I going to display my drawings and what are the drawing going to be of? We discussed about maybe printing the drawings onto tracing paper or acetate so they are transparent and you can either see the portrait, still life or maybe putting a snippet of the letters that were given to me in the first place. This idea of making it see through or partially see through gives it a ghostly feel which ties into the concept of it being a book on lost loved ones or friends that have past away. This is only one part of the chapter for each person I need to continue researching in different layouts in which could influence the way in which I layout my book, I plan on going to the library to look at the photography and fashion section and particularly looking at some of the photographers and artist I have previously researched and new ones such as Sally Mann and Guy Bourdin.

I feel as if I have plenty to do in the next week, researching ideas and continue doing drawings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment