Sunday 21 April 2013

Collecting Memories

I have researched how we collect our personal memories, however how am I going to collect these memories for my project?

From what I have thought about and researched, I think it would be more personal and interesting if the individual writing the memory found their own piece of paper, whether it be lined, plain or a scrap bit of paper. Doing this could create a style with in the book and each person/chapter then has an individual feel but overall the book will have continuity with the same portraits and style of still life images.

I have asked a selection of friends and family members to write anything from a paragraph to an A4 piece of paper indicating the style on the person, make up and clothing, a location that they are well remembered being in and 5 objects that remind them of the person. This will give me enough information to work from and so I can create an number of different images so that I can pick and choose to get the right image to go with each person and really shows their personality. 

I have already received two of these memories, and have been really interesting to read and get to know the lives of these people and to see how others remember them. I have also started picking out the key objects from the letters and putting together the folder of ideas. This concept is working well for me and making it clearer for me to see the chapters of each person come together. My only concern at this point is getting the obscure objects and locations to create the still life images, I plan to start researching and collecting things for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment